SUBJECT + BE + VERBing
- We use it for things that are happening now.
I am watching TV at the moment.
She is talking to her cousin now.
- We use it for things that will happen at a specific time in the future.
My parents are coming for dinner at 6:00 pm.
We are watching a movie tonight.
Click here for other uses. - Perfect English Grammar
Are you going?
Yes, I am going.
No, I am not going.
Is he going?
Yes, he is going.
No, he isn't going.
Are they going?
Yes, they are going.
No, they are not going.
Use AM with I.
Use IS with he/she/it.
Use ARE with we/you/they.
V = vowel, C = consonant
Spelling Rules Lesson
Practice Problems - The box will turn green when you type the correct answer.
- I my term paper. (print, +)
- He too fast. (drive, +)
- No, Tom and I . (date, -)
- Massages . (relax, +)
- the cat ? (sleep, ?)
- No, Susan Spanish. (teach, -)
- They a house. (build, -)
- the cows water now? (drink, ?)
- he you paint the fence? (help, ?)
- No, he me paint the fence. (help, -)
- you two again? (fight, ?)
- Your team . (win, -)
- The children in the canal. (swim, +)
Games and Flashcards
Still confused? Try watching this explanation in Thai.